Lebanese Youth Fencing delegation to the Asian Championship
The Lebanese junior fencing delegation, left Lebanon heading to the Jordanian capital Oman, to participate in the Asian Junior championship. The delegation contains boys and girls, and is headed by Imad Nahas who is the fencing federation general secretary. Imad stated that the objective of the participation was to retain the Asian championship and prepare the team to the world championship coming up next month in Bulgaria, that allows qualification in the next youth olympics in Nanjing.
The lebanese fencers are:
- Anthony Choueiry who previously who is the runner up of the Mediterranean championship and the West Asian champion.
- Rami Ghorra who is also a West Asia champion.
- Rami Baydoun the Arabs champion.
- Rami Bassil the uprising talent.
- Dominique Tannous, the youth Asian champion for the last 2 years.
- Rita Abou Jaoudeh the Arabs and West asian champion.
- Nour Farhat, also a West Asian champion.
- Jasmine Farhat, who is a very promising talent.
The girls delegation will be missing Mona Chaiito, the olympic and Asian Champion who is ranked 6th in the world, due to academic obligations!
For more information about Lebanese fencing achievements: