Lebanese Ski delegation heading to Romania for the SES FIS Cup!
11 Dec 2015 – The Lebanese Ski delegation just left Lebanon to Predeal – Romania to participate in the SES FIS Cup organized by the International Ski Federation (FIS).
The delegation is headed by national team manager Raymond SUKKAR and includes Vice President of the federation Salim KEYROUZ and the players: Jeffrey ZINA, Jamil MEHANNA, Naim FENIANOS and Celine KEYROUZ, with the coaches: Cesar KEYROUZ and Marc GHARAJ.
This participation will be a preparation for the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships that will be held next month (February 2–15) in the United States, at Vail / Beaver Creek, Colorado. Our athletes will be competing against 17 different countries in the SES FIS Cup and they are going to take part in the Slalom and the Giant Slalom.
The slalom is a course constructed by laying out a series of gates, formed by alternating pairs of red and blue poles that the skier must pass with the tips of both skis and the skier’s feet passing in between.
The Lebanese administration members will held some side-competition meetings with the President of the Romanian Ski Federation and with Paul MIKALIDES the president of the SES committee, for the purpose of having a great cooperation between Lebanon and the organization to send Lebanese athletes to training camps, in both the Alpine and the Cross Country Skiing.
Knowing that Ski is a season sport, our skiers really need to train abroad and have more and more training camps in other countries. We wish them good luck hoping they will come back with great results!
PROCEEDINGS OF RACES
Races will be held in common route.
- Monday 01/12/2015 SLALOM male – female
- Tuesday 01/13/2015 SLALOM male – female
- Wednesday 01/14/2015 GIANT SLALOM male – female
- Thursday 01/15/2015 GIANT SLALOM male – female
- Route inspection by jury hours : 07,00 – 07,30
- Route reconnaissance 1st round 07,45 – 08,45
- Forerunner start 1st round 08,55
- 1st round start 09,00
- Route reconnaissance 2nd round 12,00 – 12,45
- Forerunner start 2nd round 12,55
- 2nd round start 13,00
- Technical meeting for the following day 18,00