The Lebanese Cycling Federation honoring the 2013 and 2014 champions
6 Feb 2015 – The Lebanese Cycling Federation organized a ceremony to honor their 2013 and 2014 cycling champions at the Zone restaurant in Mansouriye.
The ceremony started with the national anthem and was followed by a speech of the president of the federation Vatche ZADOURIYAN who declared that 2014 was a great year in cycling and enumerated the national and international achievements and evolutions that happened during the two years.
Jean HAMMAM, the president of the Lebanese Olympic Committee, followed ZADOURIYAN by bringing up the most dangerous topic regarding sports in Lebanon. The Lebanese Olympic Committee is fighting for the change of the decree 8990, who can cause the arrest of the Lebanese sports thus, not allow the Lebanese athletes to compete on an international, continental and regional level.
The minister of sports and the Lebanese Olympic Committee must agree on a change before the International Olympic Committee suspends us. HAMMAM said that the Lebanese Olympic Committee is doing miracles for the sports in Lebanon knowing the potential is it given.
Then they showed a video of the cycling community that went under the slogan of “Cycling for all”, and then started distributing the awards.
- Hassan EL HAJJ: Lebanese champion in Road Cycling 2013, Lebanese champion in race against the clock 2013, Vice Lebanese champion in Road Cycling 2014
- Zaher EL HAJJ: Lebanese Mountain Bike champion 2013, 3rd in the Race Against the clock 2013, Vice Lebanese champion in Mountain Bike 2014
- Kevork ALTOUNIAN: 3rd in the Race Against the clock 2014
- Khalil ASMAR: Vice champion in the Race Against the clock 2014
- Rafik EID: Vice Lebanese champion in Mountain Bike 2013
- Salah RABAH: Lebanese champion in the Race Against the clock 2013, Lebanese champion in Road Cycling 2013 and 2014, 3rd in Mountain Bike 2014
- Elias ABOU RACHID: 3rd in Mountain Bike 2013, Lebanese Champion in the Race against the clock 2014, Lebanese Champion in Mountain Bike 2014
Zaher EL HAJJ and Salah RABAH got the certificate of participation in the Asian Games, Incheon 2014.
Then Salah RABAH got an honorary shield after leading the 2013 overall standing among the Lebanese cyclists, and Elias ABOU RACHID for leading the 2014 overall standing.
After honoring the cyclists, they gave the certificates of coaching to the 17 successful participants who took part in the coaching course organized by the Lebanese Cycling Federation in January.
In the end, the president of the federation offered two shields of recognition and loyalty to the General of the Lebanese Army, Jean AHWAJI, and the president of the Lebanese International Committee, Jean HAMMAM.