Abdo Feghaly wins 23rd Cedar’s Rally amid controversy
Abdo Feghali has inherited the 23rd Cedars Rally victory after Roger Feghali got disqualified for receiving help from Joe Kfoury when the former went off in the early stages of the rally.
Roger, who dominated the event yesterday by winning 10 out of a total 12 super special stages, went off course on the third super special stage in Sereel and is claimed to have resumed the rally thanks to help from Joe Kfoury, who also got disqualified.
The Ford Fiesta R5 driver has appealed the decision and is looking to take his victory back. In the meantime, Abdo Feghali is the tentative 23rd Cedars Rally winner, followed by Eddy Abou Karam in second place overall and Rodrigue Rahi in third.
Final Results: (after disqualification)
01. Abdo Feghali, 01h 07min 59.3sec
02. Eddy Abou Karam, +02min 49.8sec
03. Rodrigue Rahi, +03min 20.3sec
04. Nicolas Amiouni, +03min 28.6sec
05. Rabih Ayoub, +04min 05.4sec
06. Emile Abou Karam, +04min 25.3sec
07. Robert Aaraj, +05min 24.1sec
08. Nabil Abdelhak, +07min 58.5sec
09. Hicham Al Abiad, +09min 27.5sec
10. Elie Nehme, +11min 28.0sec
11. Ziad Feghali, +11min 49.4sec
12. Nader Hamze, +23min 49.8sec
13. Hovig Karakozian, +24min 21.3sec
14. Majed Khoury, +29min 19.4sec